General Counsel/Head of Legal
To strengthen corporate legal, we are looking for a General Counsel/Senior Manager who can partner up and work closely with all business areas in Elopak. The aim is to strengthen the ability to provide support on significant and complex legal matters, as well as continue to enhance and professionalize the legal function to support Elopak’s growth ambitions.
General Counsel/Head of Legal
ABOUT THE POSITION
In close collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Chief Compliance officer (CCO) and the entire CFO function, the position holder should make sure that Elopak is conducting its business in full compliance with national and international laws and regulations that relates to the industry, as well as professional standards, accepted business practices and internal standards. She/he should provide legal advice and guidance on matters of law as well as review and draft legal documents. She/he should manage risk and conduct negotiations on behalf of the organization.
As a key member of the CFO leadership team, the General Counsel will report directly to the CFO for Elopak Group.
With respect to concrete success criteria’s the position holder will be responsible for:
- Leading the legal function and taking full accountability for the legal function and performance at all levels
- Providing legal support to all business areas and advising executive members on new laws, existing laws and legal rights that would impact operations of the business
- Crafting and reviewing legal strategy in response to any litigation
- Build, develope and maintain the legal function on management systems, the company’s steering system, digitalization and automation etc. General Counsel owns the steering system in Elopak
- Perform legal risk assessment and drive continuous improvement to legal processes and controls
- Maintaining knowledge of the company’s legal documents and operations
Facilitating filings of licensing forms and other statutory requirements
Adherence to all Elopak global policies on health, safety and environment, zero harm, code of conduct etc.
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
The preferred candidate is a person with the ability to independently take and facilitate initiative and strive for the best. We are looking for a true proactive legal advisor with business acumen. Potential candidates have Master of Laws or equivalent degree and minimum 10 years practice.
We believe that our ideal candidate has extensive professional experience dealing with legal topics in listed companies, preferably larger, complex organizations in the international manufacturing industry.
Relevant candidates should be familiar with most of the following competencies:
- Excellent legal knowledge and track-record of visible value adding legal advice and guidance as well as solid indirect leadership
- Solution driven with a well-developed business acumen
- Strong negotiation and communication skills linked to complex deal negotiations, arguing a case in court, establishing relationships, setting up partnerships internally as well as externally or other relevant situations like internal and external stakeholders
- Strong leadership skills and proven ability to drive processes and projects
- Persistent with power to influence and challenge both internal and external peers and partners
- Analytical, but being comfortable in the grey space, having attention to details
- Role modelling our values (think clearly, act dynamically, behave with integrity)
- Experience with English as a daily working language
WHY CHOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
- ABILITY TO INFLUENCE. Are you triggered by being responsible for legal at Elopak, a global company that operates in more than 40 countries and have customers in over 80 countries? The assignment is elevating corporate legal advice and guidance to the next level in order to support the growth ambitions of Elopak.
- EMPOWERMENT AND FREEDOM TO CREATE YOUR JOB. Want to have a job where you are empowered to make decisions and regard your job as an entrepreneur? Elopak is a great place for those who want to change, move and create.
- GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT. Intrigued by being part of a truly global environment where you can collaborate with colleagues from all over the world?
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Excited by a dynamic organization where you can influence by your work and make a notable difference?
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. Motivated by being part of a company that actively works to protect the environment by developing sustainable products?
- BE SUCCESSFUL. If you have the competence, integrity, a global mindset and the desire to make a difference, you have every opportunity to be successful in Elopak.
For questions or further information, please contact Frode Bjørnæs, tel. +47 958 24 529 or Helene Graver, tel. +47 940 85 000 in Hartmark Executive Search.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Elopak is one of the world’s top suppliers of packaging systems for liquid food. Our focus, to continuously reduce the impact we have on the environment, through our innovative approach to paper-based packaging, is reflected in the way we work globally with our market units and associates in over 40 countries. Elopak is a Norwegian owned company - owned by the Ferd Group, working globally with customers in more than 80 countries. We are currently going through an exciting transformation, and we are looking for people to join us who share our values, ambitions, and excitement, and are ready to contribute towards our goals of continuous expansion and growth.