Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
To further strengthen the compliance culture in Elopak, we are looking for a Chief Compliance Officer (CCO) who can partner up and work closely with all business areas in Elopak. This is a newly established position, answering to the continuous development of the field and practice of compliance.
Chief Compliance Officer (CCO)
There is a shared belief amongst the stakeholders in our organization that a more focused and strategic approach towards compliance will be a competitive edge for Elopak. Furthermore, the aim is to have an organizational culture where continuously developing and practicing compliance is a genuine desire throughout our organization, i.e., execution of compliance should not be driven merely by necessity. CCO will be an important contributor in this work.
ABOUT THE POSITION
The aim is to focus more on the preventive work i.e working more with values and behaviors instead of policing, in order to support Elopak’s growth ambitions.
In close collaboration with the Chief Financial Officer (CFO), Global leadership Team and the entire Elopak organization, the position holder shall embed a compliance culture, moving from compliance to motivation and to a work of not only the CCO but of the whole organization.
As a key member of the CFO leadership team, the Chief Compliance Officer will report directly to the CFO for Elopak Group with an independent dotted line to the Board Audit Committee.
An outline of other key responsibilities:
- Creating a competitive edge by promoting a culture of integrity and ethical decision-making throughout the organization and the effective management of Elopak’s Corporate Ethics and Compliance Programs
- Oversee compliance within the organization to ensure that financial and operational procedures and personal conduct within the organization comply with all relevant and applicable laws, regulations, and contractual agreements in a manner that supports the business and Elopak’s operational areas
- Conduct and follow up Ethics & Compliance risk assessment to ensure a proactive and targeted approach
- Formulating standards and executing procedures to guarantee that the compliance programs for the entire organization are effective and efficient in detecting, preventing, and correcting non-compliance with applicable laws and regulations
Coordinating with different departments, employee services, and risk management, among others, to ensure that compliance issues are fleshed out, investigated, and resolved
Ensure proper training and communication.
Process whistleblower policy and process across the Group in collaboration with third part supplier
Managing a global compliance network and compliance governance model
Preside over and direct the work of the Compliance Committee
SKILLS & REQUIREMENTS
Our new CCO should be characterized by a strong strategic mindset and a highly developed business acumen. Potential candidates have relevant experience from similar managerial roles, and educational level corresponding to master’s degree. Experience from comparable industries, such as multinational/ production-oriented businesses will be a definitive advantage.
We believe that our ideal candidate has extensive professional experience in managing compliance/risk management in listed companies, preferably larger, complex organizations in the international manufacturing industry.
Relevant candidates should be familiar with most of the following competencies:
- Excellent organizational skills; collaborative and supportive management approach
- Great communication skills; ability to communicate with all levels of the organization, and in an inspiring way, invite others into ambitions and critical thinking
- Ability to collaborate and define the CCO role as an advisor compared to “the police” – ingraining a compliance culture
- A flexible and dynamic mindset; comfortable with managing ambiguity
- Comfortable managing leaders and transformations in a multi-tier international organization
- Structured and able to prioritize and manage multiple initiatives
- Experience from similar tasks and companies – being certified compliance practitioner like CCEP-I would be an advantage
- Role modelling our values (think clearly, act dynamically, behave with integrity)
- Experience with English as a daily working language
WHY CHOOSE THIS OPPORTUNITY?
- ABILITY TO INFLUENCE. Are you triggered by being responsible for compliance at Elopak, a global company that operates in more than 40 countries and have customers in over 80 countries? You will guide us in moving from following the rules to a strategic instrument of corporate management to support the growth ambitions of Elopak.
- EMPOWERMENT AND FREEDOM TO CREATE YOUR JOB. Want to have a job where you are empowered to make decisions and regard your job as an entrepreneur? Elopak is a great place for those who want to change, move and create.
- GLOBAL ENVIRONMENT. Intrigued by being part of a truly global environment where you can collaborate with colleagues from all over the world?
- MAKE A DIFFERENCE. Excited by a dynamic organization where you can influence by your work and make a notable difference?
- PROTECT THE ENVIRONMENT. Motivated by being part of a company that actively works to protect the environment by developing sustainable products?
- BE SUCCESSFUL. If you have the competence, integrity, a global mindset and the desire to make a difference, you have every opportunity to be successful in Elopak
For questions or further information, please contact Frode Bjørnæs, tel. +47 958 24 529 or Helene Graver, tel. +47 940 85 000 in Hartmark Executive Search.
ABOUT THE COMPANY
Elopak is one of the world’s top suppliers of packaging systems for liquid food. Our focus, to continuously reduce the impact we have on the environment, through our innovative approach to paper-based packaging, is reflected in the way we work globally with our market units and associates in over 40 countries. Elopak is a Norwegian owned company - owned by the Ferd Group, working globally with customers in more than 80 countries. We are currently going through an exciting transformation, and we are looking for people to join us who share our values, ambitions, and excitement, and are ready to contribute towards our goals of continuous expansion and growth.